Istituto Monteverdi is proud to welcome a large number of international students each year. They are a very important part of our community, making up as much as a quarter of the student population. If you are considering a course at our Conservatoire, take a look at these pages (Bachelor’s) (Master’s) for further information and a list of courses currently available. Recently, our students have performed in countries ranging from Switzerland to South Korea, and we have also exchanged masterclasses with various international Conservatoires including Mainz (Germany) Lille (France) and Tallinn (Estonia). We also hold regular concerts here in Cremona, a town whose rich musical heritage continues to draw attention from musicians worldwide. We hope you will find Istituto Monteverdi a welcoming place to further your musical education, under the tuition of internationally respected experts.
Those from non-EU countries who are interested in applying for a course must follow a specific procedure that will be soon communicated by Foreign Minister. The instructions will be available on the web site Universitaly:
- NON-EU STUDENTS IN POSSESSION OF A EUROPE STUDY VISA OR NON-EU STUDENTS WITH EU EQUIVALENT STATUS (WHO DON’T NEED A VISA)
Non-EU students in possession of a long-term resident permits or in possession of a europe study visa, compatible with the inscription to an Institutes for Higher Artistic Education (AFAM) courses, can apply for admission directly to the Conservatory , without pre-registration on the Universitaly portal. Futher informations are available on the link :
- NON-EU STUDENTS WITHOUT EU EQUIVALENT STATUS, WHO NEED A EUROPE STUDY VISA OR WITH A LONG TERM RESIDENT PERMIT BUT INCOMPATIBLE FOR AFAM COURSES
Non-EU students without EU equivalent status are required to submit a pre-registration application for the obtention of a visa via the Universitaly portal (http://www.universitaly.it).
The list of courses is available on the following links :
The following documents must be attached to the pre-registration application :
– Identity documents
– the original academic qualification must be accompanied by official translation in Italian, as well as legalized and accompanied by the “certificate of equivalence for recognition of foreign qualifications”- Dichiarazione di Valore in loco- issued by the Italian Consulate/Embassy in the city/country you graduate in
– A video link of a music program ‘s performance with an appropriate level for the chosen course
The selected candidates will then be contacted by the secretariat for an online interview.
The outcome of the application will be marked with one of the following terms:
- ADMITTED (also indicating the passing of all the admission tests necessary for registration)
- ADMITTED WITH RESERVE (indicating that admission verifications are still required to be carried out on site in September)
- NOT ADMITTED
The terms Admitted or Admitted with reserve do not give direct acess to the visa, but give the possibility to request an Europe study visa at your local italian ambassy. Once the visa has been obtained, it will be possible to take the admission exam at the Conservatory.
For more informations, contact the Secretariat at email@example.com
As well as the standard admission exam, international students must pass a test confirming adequate understanding of the Italian Language. The level required should be equivalent to a B1 (Bachelor) or B2 (Master) result on the CEFR Common European Framework of Reference for languages test, as all of our courses are taught in the Italian language.
The details of the tutions fees for all our courses are available at this link ” Tax and Contribution Regulations 2021/2022“
Istituto Monteverdi does not have its own halls of residence, however; there are various different student accommodation options to choose from in Cremona. Please see our Accommodation page for details: