BACHELOR’S DEGREE. (Three years)
Academic triennial level I
High Level Artistic and Musical Education Courses
Qualification awarded: Bachelor Degree
Qualification type/level: EHEA 1st cycle; EQF level 6
FIRST LEVEL ACADEMIC TRIENNIALS
Law No. 509/99 reforming the system of Higher Education in Art and Music intended to redefine the didactic system of the courses of the traditional Conservatoires / Higher Institutes of Music Studies, also activating the Level I and II higher courses, which allow students to obtain the relevant academic diplomas.
The educational pathway of the First Level Higher Three-year course is aimed at obtaining a professional education that allows access to the world of work with a general and specific preparation, adequate to carry out with competence and professionalism most of the activities pertaining to the studies carried out, in line with European standards; it also provides for recognition of the studies previously carried out in the traditional Conservatoire courses. In particular, the Three-year First Level courses, structured similarly to university courses, provide a multidisciplinary curriculum with the possibility of customising the course of study.
With Decreto D.G. AFAM 16 dicembre 2010 n. 266 The Didactic Regulation of the Istituto Superiore di Studi Musicali Claudio Monteverdi di Cremona was approved, and with it the new didactic regulations of the first-level academic courses, which came into force following the issuance of Decreto Direttoriale n. 1/2011. These didactic regulations have been integrated following the ministerial decrees and the Directorial Decree prot. 1826/18, as follows:
– Three-year First Level Viola Course attached to the approval of the Didactic Regulations 16.12.2010 no. 266;
– Three-year First Level Degree in Double Bass with D.D. no. 1825 of 20.09.2016;
– First Level Three-year course of: Harp, Renaissance and Baroque Singing, Guitar, Clarinet, Horn, Music Education, Bassoon, Flute, Oboe, Saxophone, Trumpet, Viola da Gamba, Baroque Violin with D. D. 2787 of 16.10.2017;
– Three-year First Level Course in Harpsichord and Historical Keyboards, Baroque Cello with D.D.3112 of 8.11.2017
– Three-year Level I Prepolyphony course with D.D.1543 of 15.06.2018.
– Level I Maestro collaboratore with D.D. 1522 of 30.07.2019
The following courses are offered at the Istituto Superiore di Studi Musicali Claudio Monteverdi in Cremona:
- BAROQUE CELLO
- BAROQUE VIOLIN
- HARPSICHORD AND HISTORICAL KEYBOARDS
- MUSIC EDUCATION
- LITURGICAL ORGAN
- RENAISSANCE AND BAROQUE SINGING
- VIOLA DA GAMBA
The articulation of the study pathway of the Three-year First Level course is related, from an educational point of view, to the last three years of the course in the traditional system. The course structure for each of the three years is organised in:
1. basic training activities;
2. specialised activities;
3. complementary and related activities
4. additional training activities, aimed at acquiring further knowledge useful for entering the world of work and facilitating career choices, through direct knowledge of the occupational sector to which the qualification may give access;
5. activities of the student’s choice;
6. training activities relating to the preparation of the final examination and the testing of knowledge of the foreign language for the award of the degree.
The student is free to decide how to distribute the disciplines that make up his or her study plan over the three-year period.
The normal duration of the Three-year Upper Level Course is three years. To obtain the diploma the student must have acquired 180 credits, including those relating to the compulsory knowledge of a European Union language other than Italian.
Admission to the First Level Three-year course requires possession of an adequate basic theoretical-practical preparation, together with musical aptitude and skills, which are verified by an entrance examination.
Both those who are already enrolled at the Institute and those interested from outside may apply for admission, according to the criteria set out in the specific Didactic Regulations.
Subject to available places, candidates who have passed the aptitude tests will be admitted and will be contacted by the Secretariat to finalise their registration. The order of admission is established by means of a ranking list made public by posting it on the Institute’s notice board.
Admitted students must submit an application for enrolment using a specific form provided by the Institute Secretariat accompanied by the receipt of payment of enrolment and attendance fees.
Further information can be found in the Regolamento Didattico